What can I add to yogurt for breakfast?
What can I add to my yogurt to lose weight?
Greek yogurt is a healthy and versatile dairy product with a long history. And if you add honey, fruit, and muesli to yogurt, then you get the perfect balanced breakfast.
Not many people know that “Greek yogurt” is yogurt that has been filtered to remove some of the whey. As a result of this procedure, yogurt not only becomes thicker but also loses some of the sugar, lactose, and carbohydrates.
The finished product is less nutritious but contains a large amount of calcium and protein. This feature has provided Greek yogurt with the well-deserved title of the most valuable dietary product and the love of fans of a healthy lifestyle around the world.
Today I will tell you about three very simple, healthy, and light breakfasts using Greek yogurt. ✓
Light vegetable salad with fresh vegetables
The secret of this vegetable salad is in an unusual aromatic yogurt dressing. She turns this salad into something awesome! I highly recommend this dish for those on a low-calorie diet.
You will need:
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 colored bell pepper
- Greek yogurt 3 tablespoons
- fresh dill 1.5 tablespoons
- fresh parsley 1.5 tablespoons
- vinegar to taste
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Set aside for a while.
- • Rinse all vegetables and cut into slices thinly.
- Add chopped vegetables to the dressing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- These ingredients will make about 2- 3 servings of salad.
I’d like to add that this salad goes well with sandwiches, eggs, fish. It all depends only on your imagination!
✓ Raspberry Dessert with Greek Yogurt and Biscuits
Don’t be surprised, but deserts can also be a great start to the day. Especially children and schoolchildren will like this recipe. This recipe is very low in calories, and raspberries provide a delicious flavor and delicate sweetness.
You will need:
- Raspberries frozen 300 grams
- Diet biscuits 4 pieces
- Greek yogurt 400 grams
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Fresh raspberries 50 grams
- Sprinkle frozen raspberries with 1 spoonful of sugar and leave for a while to melt and give juice
- • Break the cookies into small pieces and place in dessert glasses.
- Put the yogurt, the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar, and lemon juice in a blender and mix well
- • Mix thawed raspberries with yogurt mass and beat until smooth
- Place in a glass in layers – cookies, yogurt mass, cookies. Garnish with fresh raspberries on top
- • Put the finished dessert in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to soak the cookies.
✓ Fruit salad with yogurt
This recipe is very easy to prepare. You can change fruits according to season and preferences. Undoubtedly, this fruit salad is one of the favorite family breakfast recipes for the whole family.
- Apple 2 pieces
- Kiwi 2 pieces
- Banana 1 piece
- Mandarin 2 pieces
- Greek yogurt 200 grams
- A sprig of mint to taste
- Peel all fruits, peel apples
- Cut all the fruit into small pieces and cut the tangerine into wedges
- Put all the fruits in a glass dish and cover them with yogurt.