Many people think that it is easier to lose weight if you completely stop eating breakfast or snack on something completely insignificant, but this opinion is incorrect. In this article, you will learn:
What happens in the body when you eat breakfast regularly?
Is breakfast good for weight loss?
Is it better to skip breakfast or lunch?
Having a hearty meal in the morning, we will not overeat during the day – this is important information for those who are going to lose weight. After a hearty breakfast, a light lunch will follow, since the body will not need a lot of calories.
Eating at the beginning of the day “starts up” the metabolism and activates the body for the whole day. Many digestive enzymes are produced only between 7 and 9 o’clock in the morning, so you cannot neglect a full breakfast – the enzymes will simply “burn out”. Professional nutritionists and fitness instructors recommend putting 25% of the energy of all meals per day in your morning meal.
It is necessary to have breakfast with any diet, and even more so when losing weight. The first meal will give you enough energy to feel full until a full meal and not be tempted by an unhealthy snack with empty calories. Even if there is no hunger in the morning, the body needs food to replenish the calories spent in the evening.
The energy received at breakfast supports the immune system, the work of internal organs, speeds up metabolic processes, and reduces appetite, helping to regulate the amount of food at lunch and dinner.
Eating early (before 9 a.m.) improves memory, cognitive abilities, and concentration – this is what you need to work. Also a properly organized breakfast:
- eliminates lethargy, irritability, improves mood by replenishing energy reserves;
- • activates digestion, nourishing the brain and muscles;
- increases the ability to work and clarity of thoughts during the day. Breakfast does not allow the metabolism to slow down, and the feeling of hunger distract from your business;
- reduces the risk of disease. Doctors confidently talk about the benefits of breakfast for leveling cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of heart attacks, problems with blood vessels, and seasonal colds.
If you skip breakfast, the break in the intake of food into the stomach will be from 12 hours. This is a direct signal to the body to go into energy-saving mode. The “primitive” parts of the brain that are responsible for survival in extreme conditions will slow down metabolism. All the food received during the day, even if its calorie content is limited, will go into fat reserves, and not be used up. This is the most common cause of weight gain.
The benefits of breakfast appear only if it is organized correctly. Losing weight, we reduce the energy value of food to 1200-1600 kcal per day. The morning meal accounts for up to 400 kcal, but how are they expressed?
With calories in sweet creamy coffee or a few chocolates, you can’t expect to be satiated before lunch and feel good.
A proper breakfast assumes a balance of “proteins-fats-carbohydrates” (classic – a third of proteins, two-thirds of carbohydrates, and one-fifth of fat) and nutritional value, the amount of food. In order not to cause drowsiness, it should be non-greasy and light. The optimal amount and calorie content of food should be sufficient to leave a slight feeling of hunger.
A few more recommendations for organizing breakfast:
- a glass of water at room temperature is useful before meals, it is possible with lemon and honey – half an hour before breakfast;
- the best time to eat is from 7 to 9 am, no later than 30-40 minutes after waking up; • breakfast at the same time every morning – the best start to the day;
- if there is no appetite in the morning, it is increased gradually, stimulated with the help of beautiful dishes, morning exercises, favorite foods (healthy), increasing the calorie content in stages;
- you need to eat slowly, without being distracted by gadgets, without swallowing hot food, so as not to burn your mouth, larynx, and gastric mucosa;
- roasting and grilling are not the best ways to prepare breakfast;